As of July 3rd, there will be no limitations on guests from the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. Guests from anywhere else may stay at Maine lodging provided they meet ONE of the following 3 criteria:
- Have a negative COVID-19 test result on a specimen taken no later than 72 hours prior to arrival OR
- Have self-quarantined in Maine for 14 days prior to arrival OR
- Agree to self-quarantine at a Maine lodging establishment for 14 days or the duration of their stay in Maine, whichever is less.
Regardless of which option you choose, all guests (except those from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey) are required to sign a Certificate of Compliance
in order to check in.
A couple of notes regarding the Certificate of Compliance:
We are required to keep the form for 30 days, after which time we will discard the form For those who opt for the testing option, please note that we will not ask to see your test results as that would violate your medical privacy rights If you choose to self quarantine, the requirements are as follows:
- You may self quarantine here at the inn
- You may self quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of your trip if it is less than 14 days
- Guests who self quarantine are allowed to be out and about on the grounds of the Inn and enjoy outdoor spaces and activities in Maine such as sight seeing, hiking, kayaking, boating and swimming, road trips/touring and so on as long as social distancing is maintained
- Guests under self quarantine may not visit local restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, crowded spaces or other indoor facilities where physical distancing can be a challenge, other than for emergency medical care. Nor may guests under self-quarantine utilize public transportation or ride-sharing services